Vancouver Natural Birth Seminar
This class presents a fresh unique perspective, providing expectant couples with insight into physiologic normal birth.
This 5 hour class (for home or hospital birth setting) focuses on exploring what it means to birth naturally (vaginal birth, drug and intervention free). Participants will gain understanding of what normal is in order to optimize the elements needed for a safe, healthy, natural, more comfortable and satisfying experience. They will engage in group activities, brainstorming, and examinations into their beliefs about birth.
Topics covered include:
- What is normal physiologic birth and what are the benefits.
- The science of birthing hormones.
- Reframing pain, addressing fears.
- How to optimize natural birth.
- Exploration into the medicalization of birth.
- Current evidence based research.
- Defining your own vision of birth.
This seminar is an add-on to our full prenatal series or workshop. If you’re hoping for a natural birth, this seminar is for you!
$125 ~ For the general public
$75 ~ For previous/current Childbearing Society clients.
*Price too high? We aim to make our classes accessible to everyone. Please contact us about our low income rates.
How to Register:
- Please choose the class you want to take from the list below.
- Once you have registered for the class you will be emailed further instructions.
- If you are low income, please e-mail us for instructions on how to register.
|November 2017 - Natural Birth Prenatal Seminar||
1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
November 4, 2017
~Available spaces: 9
Our Vancouver Prenatal Workshops have been recommended by midwives and physicians across the lower mainland since 1973.