Vancouver Natural Birth Seminar: Shifting the Birth Paradigm From Avoiding Pain to Embracing Pleasure
“The Natural Birth seminar has opened lots of windows for my partner and I to discuss afterwards, and to plan for our team work during birth. The class made us think and “forced” us (in a good way) to confront our opinions (with my partner) and to confront (with myself) my own intuitions/fears/norms/expectations.” ~Nina de Saint Vincent
This seminar presents a fresh perspective that will probably surprise you, and might even transform the way you see birth.
This 4-hour class delves deeply into our cultural ideas and expectations around birth: the history, the anthropology, the medical science, and the political and social constructs. Participants will gain eye-opening insights into physiological birth that can help optimize the elements needed for a safe, healthy, more enjoyable and satisfying experience. Through group activities and brainstorming, participants will dig deep into their own assumptions, unraveling their own values around birth and parenthood, clarifying their choices and getting to the core of their beliefs.
Topics covered include:
- The history of our birth culture and its impact on our beliefs and experience
- The nocebo effect – how to shift fear of pain and be open to the potential for ecstasy
- Birth as a peak bodily performance for which our bodies are superbly designed
- Birthing hormones – how to access the power and pleasure of birthing energy
- Defining your own vision of birth
This seminar is an add-on to our full prenatal series or workshop. Are you ready to reframe the dominant story of birth as painful and dangerous into one that’s positive and empowering, transformational and potentially ecstatic? ¬If so, this is the class for you. Be prepared to question everything you thought you knew!
$100 ~ For the general public
$60 ~ For previous/current Childbearing Society clients.
*Price too high? We aim to make our classes accessible to everyone. Please contact us about our low income rates.
How to Register:
- Please choose the class you want to take from the list below.
- Once you have registered for the class you will be emailed further instructions.
- If you are low income, please e-mail us for instructions on how to register.
|March 2019 - Natural Birth Prenatal Seminar||
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
March 16, 2019
~Available spaces: 9
|May 2019 - Natural Birth Prenatal Seminar||
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
May 11, 2019
~Available spaces: 8
Our Vancouver Prenatal Workshops have been recommended by midwives and physicians across the lower mainland since 1973.