WOMB will be a community based birth and maternal wellness centre serving women and their families in their prenatal, birth and postpartum experiences.
• To provide a nurturing, accessible space for low risk adult women to birth their babies where the physiological processes of labor, birth, breastfeeding, and family bonding are supported
• To educate and support parents to become active, empowered participants during their pregnancy, birth and postpartum
• To provide holistic care through a cross-section of health care providers
• To provide related services as needed in collaboration with membership and clientele.
• To become a centre of excellence in teaching and researching uninterrupted, progressive, non-medically assisted labour, birth and breastfeeding in a culturally sensitive, inclusive, compassionate and collaborative approach.
WOMB has entered the AVIVA Community Fund competition, which generously donates $1,000,000 each year to community based programs that make a difference. They are in the first phase of planning and hoping to earn seed money to continue on with this exciting project. Check out their entry on AVIVA’s website and don’t forget to vote for them daily starting September 29th!
VOTE HERE TO SUPPORT THE WOMB BIRTH CENTRE